Essay Question 1. Our Mission Statement above is an expression of our core purpose and educational philosophy. In particular, it highlights the value we place on diversity since we regard the diversity of the entering class as essential for educational excellence. Please write an essay on how you would enhance diversity at Pritzker and advance the Pritzker mission. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
Answer: Allow me to answer the committee’s question with another question: how many other twerking squids do you have?… …mmmmmthought so. Follow up question for the committee: do you think can you handle it? Please limit your response to “fabulous.”
pictured: me (you)
Anonymous asked: Hey! What's your favorite colour?
Why did you British the Colour but ‘Merican the Favorite? I’m on to you Anon.
Anonymous asked: Is there anything I can do that will get me into med school no matter what??
nah. wizard stuff, maybe. get that time-turner.
Anonymous asked: What are your top 5 favorite pre-med/medicine-related blogs you follow?
Oh man. I love this question, but it’s gonna be SUPER hard. Okay. These are in no particular order.
- viniology - Okay, I have to put my future husband first. Vinny was one of the very first medblr blogs that I followed and VERY quickly became my tumblr crush. Now we’re planning our wedding.
- ladykaymd - I think we can all agree that Kay is awesome. Her advice is always great, she’s a gifted writer, and she’s super sassy. Plus she loves Doctor Who.
- wayfaringmd - another one of the very first medblrs that I found. Great stories, great advice, great sense of humor.
- pre-med-timelord - look at that URL. What whovian could ignore that URL!? I’ve been reflagging a lot from this person lately. Their content is spot on.
- scarlet-karma - I reblog a decent amount from this blog too! AND they almost always like or reblog my posts. I see you. You are one of those people that I wave at but don’t talk to on my dash.
- eclipperton - This guy rocks. He replies to my posts and is funny and I am just fond of him.
- pleasedotheneedful - Another guy that rocks. I like his no-nonsense attitude.
(lol all of these people are gonna see this and be like “wtf she doesn’t follow me” but I promise I do it’s just that this is a side blog so it doesn’t show up)
Thanks MM. I think I lost you in the name change, but I’ve corrected that.
medicalmysterytour asked: Did you apply to miller at miami? I think i saw a username the same as your blog title on the SDN thread for the school, just curious!
I knew it wasn’t long before the evil SDN hive-mind claimed my identity as its own!
I hate to admit that I did have an SDN account for awhile as a pre-med, but my username was not eclipperton. And I won’t say whether or not I applied to Miami…
Ohhh you meant “nobody better call me Doogie Houser.” Still no. And that is actually inspired by a different novel, non-fiction this time. In Sheri Fink’s 5 Days at Memorial, two investigators refer to one of the doctors at the flooded hospital as Doogie Houser because he’s young looking. That would piss me off.